Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My Proposal


Over the last eight years, I’ve had seven pregnancies. Two ended in the births of my wonderful daughters, Lily (7) and Ella (4). Five have ended in losses between 5 and 16 weeks. Chemical pregnancy, miscarriage, missed miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, and late miscarriage are all part of my history. With the most recent loss of Olivia Claire at 16 weeks on October 5, 2014, I’ve turned to writing and art as a way to work through the grief.

I am writing to propose displaying a collection of my writing and artwork on your exhibit wall as a way to raise awareness about pregnancy loss.  In addition, I wish to work in conjunction with Sara to hold a workshop about art and writing as ways to work through the grief of pregnancy and infant loss. I believe this would be an integral part of my healing process as it would give me a chance to help others who find themselves in their darkest, neediest days just as I was a few short months ago. I truly believe that the active grieving I’ve done, primarily through these mediums, is the reason why I am able to be in a position of offering support so soon after the devastation of losing my daughter. Sarah has suggested October 2015 as a target month for this display and workshop since it will coincide with Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. This timing would be of special significance to me since it would be an opportunity for me to honor my daughter on the first anniversary of her death.

Thank you for your consideration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment