Wednesday, April 15, 2015

10.5 Weeks

Yesterday was my latest doctor appointment. I could tell I was getting anxious in the waiting room despite having a calm week anxiety wise. When the nurse went to take my blood pressure I asked her to wait until I had reassurance before she took it because I knew the reading wouldn't be accurate. She agreed.

Then came the doctor. She had decided to try the doppler rather than ultrasound (a cost savings for me of about $120 out of pocket. At this point I'd racked up 4!). She thought she found the heart beat right away but because my heart was racing over 100 bpm, she couldn't say for sure whose heart she was hearing. After trying for a while and not being certain, she decided to just do the ultrasound. I'm glad because I'm not sure I would have been convinced who we were hearing even if she was.

She immediately pointed out the beating heart of a baby who looked so different from last week: bigger, more developed, more baby like. I was a bit concerned by the lack of moving since the week before we saw a bunch of wiggling. But I've learned that rather than just sitting and stewing about it, I should just ask. Dr. L wasn't concerned but said we could watch for a while. A minute or so later, an arm went drifting up to the head. Measurements are still right on track too.

We ended the appointment with getting the blood drawn for the Harmony test. They draw two vials of blood from my arm and can separate out fetal DNA to look for some genetic disorders and the sex of the baby. Dr. L warned us she'll call as soon as she gets the results even if it's 10pm. Within the next two weeks, we will know more about who's in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment