Friday, January 23, 2015

Cut the Ties?

December 8, 2014

How do I know if it’s time to cut the ties with my current OBGYN and see someone new?  There have certainly been some upsetting events there. I’ve learned of four lost babies in the rooms of her office.  As a result, I feel physically ill when I’m in that building.  I am still shocked and upset by the phone call from her nurse. And while I don’t think I blame Dr. L for all that’s happened, I do feel a bit of doubt in her care.  Should she have recognized the ectopic before I went off to Florida and had my tube rupture? Could we have avoided some of the trauma during Olivia’s delivery if we’d waited just a bit longer to deliver her? And maybe that doubt is the answer.  

But then again, Dr. L knows my history. She has delivered all three of my girls: Lily, Ella, and Olivia. She allows me frequent appointments in the early part of pregnancy to try to calm my nerves.  But there’s that doubt. Are we doing all that can be done? Would I feel less stress if I removed myself from that environment?

Under the barrage of my questioning at the my follow-up appointment, she did tell me that if I want to go somewhere else now that I shouldn’t worry about hurting her feelings. I’m definitely on the fence on this one.

So, do you have an OB that you love who is near Dublin? Bonus points if you know they have expertise with loss!

2 comments:

  1. Did you decide yet what to do? You are always welcome to try mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't. It's hard to choose and I guess my decision right now is to just not make a decision. : )

      Delete