Sunday, January 4, 2015

She Understands

November 5, 2014


When I leave my first day of work tomorrow, I am coming home to get together with another mommy who lost her baby, Zachary. He was just about your age I think. We don’t know each other well but at the same time, we know each other better than most people know us. We have both experienced the same unthinkable loss. It was quite the coincidence that we are meeting up tomorrow, on what I expect to be a very challenging day. Last week, she asked if I was available this Thursday afternoon because she was taking half a day off. I knew I was going back to work that day, but I hadn’t been able to decide which part of the day to tackle. Her suggestion immediately made my decision. Was that you, Olivia, putting her in my path to ease my pain that day? Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment