Sunday, January 11, 2015

Relapse

November 10, 2014

When I went home for the weekend after my first two days at work, all my strong and devastating emotions from weeks earlier came flooding back. Frequent crying and sometimes long, inconsolable sobbing ensued.

Where did this come from?  I have a few theories. One: I had prepared so diligently for those first few days of school that I wasn’t prepared for what came after. Two: I finished my last current project about/for Olivia Friday night when I planned her memorial. That leads me to three: My cycle returned on my first day back at school, just a month and a day after Olivia’s birth.  And four: Everything’s wrapping up and returning to normal but I’m not normal and I don’t feel back to the way it used to be. But time keeps marching steadily ahead removing me further and further from the time of joyfully anticipating the arrival of my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment