Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Middle Name with Meaning

January 24, 2015

As soon as we found out Olivia was a girl, we started to talk seriously about what we would name her. I wanted to choose a middle name that would match Lily and Ella’s (both have the ‘K’ sound: Caroline and Kathryn). Troy said that this time he would prefer a middle name with meaning instead of just one I thought sounded pretty. We struggled to think of what that might be, but eventually I thought maybe we could choose one that used Ohio State as its inspiration since we met there. I thought maybe Scarlett or Carmen (Ohio) would work even though I wasn’t in love with either. But then when we were naming our daughter after death, I decided I needed her to share the naming scheme with her sisters since there would be little else they would share. Claire it was.

Now, we’ve decided to use Olivia’s name as a portion of a future baby’s name. Oliver as a middle name for a boy or Claire as a middle name for a girl. Troy wanted a middle name that means something, and now we’ll have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment