Monday, February 9, 2015

Children’s Literature

December 29, 2014
    
There was a day a month and a half or so ago that a list of quotes from children’s literature kept popping up in my Facebook feed. I’m a language arts teacher and love children’s literature, so I was immediately drawn to it.  I was surprised how many of the quotes on the list spoke to me. I found meaning relating to the loss of Olivia in quite a few from the list and then actively searched out more from Winnie the Pooh when I realized just how many of those seemed to describe my feelings.

“A person’s a person no matter how small.” ~Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears a Who

“Numbing the pain for awhile will only make it worse when you feel it.” ~J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

“It’s no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland

“Once you are real you can’t become unreal again. It lasts for always.” ~Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit

“Promise me you’ll remember, you are BRAVER than you believe, STRONGER than you seem, SMARTER than you think.”

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

“Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”

“If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.”

~A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment