Sunday, February 22, 2015

Florida (Irrational 3)

January 24, 2015

Florida is also associated poorly with my pregnancies. I had my ruptured ectopic there in 2013. When we found out I was pregnant again weeks before returning to Florida this summer, I had to force back feelings of tempting fate. I wrote a three paragraph argument essay (thank you Common Core!) to my doctor requesting an ultrasound at five weeks to show me the pregnancy was not ectopic before I would leave the state. The first stop on our vacation was the doctor’s office. This time we went to and from Florida with me pregnant, but I still ended up losing Olivia two months later. So the new irrational me will not be heading to Florida any time soon. As we were planning our spring break trip so that we could go away during the week of Olivia’s due date, it was tempting to choose a condo in Florida. I love the beach and the thought of warm weather, and Florida is pretty much the only place to find that within driving distance  in mid-March, but we’ll enjoy the Smoky Mountains instead, thankyouverymuch!

No comments:

Post a Comment