Wednesday, February 4, 2015

They Asked!

December 21, 2014
While my brother was in town, three of my aunts came to visit. My two year-old nephew is quite the draw!  It was the first time I’d seen them since everything changed. My emotions got the best of me right when they walked in. We hugged, I cried, and then they got to visit with the little one.

Toward the end of their visit, my Aunt Kate asked if I wanted to share anything of Olivia’s with her. YES! We went upstairs and I pulled out all of her belongings: her urn, book, pictures, memory box from the hospital, and more. I started to share, and a few minutes later, Aunt Meg and Aunt Mary were knocking at the door and asking to join us. The four of us sat in a circle on my bedroom floor and I shared Olivia’s story while surrounded by the strength of the women in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment