Monday, February 2, 2015

Grasping at Straws

December 15, 2014

Our two successful pregnancies came right on the heels of losses. I have wondered if maybe my body needs a trial run before really being ready to carry a baby to term. Maybe this is why we’ve had three losses in a row now--there was at least a year between each of my last three pregnancies.

Well, while talking with someone who has also had multiple losses, she mentioned in passing something about a six month window after a loss. I immediately picked up on this and asked her to elaborate. Apparently, her doctor has suggested that pregnancy outcomes are better within six months of a loss. Who knows if there is any research to back this up, but at this point I am grasping at straws for hope, and I’ll take it. The countdown is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment