Sunday, December 21, 2014

Busy Hands, Busy Mind

October 30, 2014

I’ve tried to stay very busy with projects in these weeks since Olivia's been gone.  Some were intended to occupy my mind with something else so I could get some reprieve from constantly thinking about Olivia. The Lego sets I built (Falling Water and Trevi Fountain from the Architecture series) did a good job for this.


Others were intended to just occupy my hands. The various art projects filled this role. They didn’t take my mind off Olivia, but instead allowed me to express my feelings about her in an active way.


One project was a great combination of busy hands and mind.  I cross-stitched a bookmark covered with violets.  Counted cross-stitch certainly demanded my brain’s attention, and at the same time, my hands were busy making something to honor my daughter.


Last night I finished the bookmark I made in Olivia’s memory. It’s beautiful. It has her name and birthday too. I just can’t get enough of seeing those: her beautiful name and her birthday.


Olivia Claire
October 5, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment