Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Returning to Work

November 5, 2014

Tomorrow I go back to work for the first time. I’m incredibly nervous to see all the people who know why I’ve been gone. How will we talk without me crying? What can I say if it’s not about you? Thanks to my understanding principal, I feel like I am able to set myself up for the best possible outcome. I am starting with a half day tomorrow. Jen will meet me in the parking lot to walk in with me. I feel like that might be the hardest part. Then I will teach one and a half blocks. And then I get to leave for the day. That will be enough! The students have been coached on what not to say and what is ok to say. I hope they can stick to it. I sort of wish I’d told them about you. Then they would understand better why I’ve been gone and why I’m still sad. They always say that our students are so compassionate when given the chance with our special needs students. I feel like this could be the same. But, alas, I was waiting to tell them until after the 16 week appointment and never got the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment